Journalism Dissertation Topics to Write a Fresh Paper
The kinds of topics and questions being invested in journalism are virtually unlimited, making it almost impossible to write fresh and interesting papers. Journalism dissertations usually address several ongoing practices in the field, but like all effective writing is much more likely to be well-received when it’s focused on a specific sub-topic.
The following ten topics are just a few paper ideas to help you get started on your own research:
- Globalization and its impact on growing businesses in developing countries. How, for instance, can Singapore a developing country that is currently experiencing an economic slowdown remain a major player in the global market?
- Eco-friendly and green trends in developed countries. How would businesses wanting to attract consumers who favor the green revolution market their products differently to increase revenue?
- 3G nations and their contributions to the global economy. By analyzing each European country’s growth rate, where would each stand economically in 20 years? 30 years? What are the implications of your findings?
- Changes to who and where film and cinema are produced. South-East Asian films, for instance, have an emerging film market that is reaching the global arena. Do they represent a real threat to films made in the U.S.?
- The billion dollar profit that music industry brings. How does classical, pop, rock and other kinds of music influence a nation’s economy and how do government’s push one style over another?
- Nightlife in developed countries and how it affects nations’ youth. Pubs, night clubs, strip clubs and other types of nighttime entertainment have had huge impacts upon teenagers. Are the effects greatly positive or negative?
- Discuss the general anti-Islamic stance in the U.S. How do anti-Islamic sentiments affect the image of Muslims in other nations? And what role do all citizens have in ensuring that lines are not crossed in acts of free speech?
- Show business and journalism. Where does objective and truth based journalism stand in today’s world where information and entertainment reporting has become so popular worldwide?
- The emergence of e-commerce and social networking. How have the growth of both of these changed the business concepts and models in the last decade? What trends can we expect going forward?
- Call centers and employment. Creating thousands of jobs each month, call centers have been great towards helping the unemployed sections in society. This would be made more difficult if it wasn’t for the assistance from journalism. Do you agree with this belief?